The Benefits of Iron in the Body – How to Prevent Iron Deficiency
(Post may contain affiliate links).
Iron is an important mineral, especially for:
- Teenage girls
- Women during childbearing age
- Children who are bottle fed past 12 months
Iron has many health benefits including:
- Stronger Immune System
- Improved Mood and Thinking functions
- Prevention of Birth Defects and Mental Retardation.
- More energy
- Other groups are at risk for iron deficiency as well, including:
- The elderly
- Persons with illnesses such as Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Extreme Athletes
- Persons taking particular types of medications
The purpose of this e-book is to provide an in-depth introduction to the benefits of iron in the body and how to prevent iron deficiency as well as iron toxicity.
- What is Iron? The Benefits of Iron in the Body
- Anemia? Is it the same as Iron Deficiency?
- Who’s at Risk for Low Iron?
- What interferes with Iron Absorption?
- The Best Way to Get Iron in Your Body
- What to do if you suspect you or you loved ones aren’t getting enough iron.
- How dangerous is Iron Toxicity?
HANDOUTS AND TABLES
IRON RICH RECIPES
Lightened Comfort Foods Cookbook by Homeschooling Dietitian Mom
64 Pages; You will receive a zipped file that includes two versions of the book: PDF and E-Pub.