“Meal Planning for Kids” was written by a Master’s degree-level Registered Dietitian to teach kids important health science and nutrition principles that meet scholastic requirements and build life-long skills.
(post may contain affiliate links).
Kids also develop research and writing skills, critical thinking, and budgeting while completing this curriculum.
LOTS of hands-on, practical activities are included in this 147-page curriculum package.
Activities include real-life skills. For example, how to pick the best, most nutritious foods, at the best price, while at the real supermarket. Kids will also learn what goes on behind the scenes at the grocery store, what influences prices, and more.
Once kids complete this course, they will be proficient at planning a menu for an entire family.
Plus, this curriculum assists kids in gaining valuable experience working as a team.
“Meal Planning for Kids” is appropriate for preschoolers, elementary, middle, and high schoolers.
So, if you have multiples, “Meal Planning for Kids” is an economical way to meet health science requirements for all the kids in your family, pre-K through 12th grade.
High school kids (9th-12th grade) who spend at least 150 hours completing this course (which is absolutely possible considering the amount of work included), will earn 1 full unit of high school credit.
The introductory price of $19.97 will not last for long. So, the time to take advantage of the fact that this product is brand new is NOW.
Below are the objectives that will be met when completing this course:
1. Students will successfully plan a healthy, balanced 2-day menu for a family of
2. Students will learn how to weigh at least 3 different fresh fruits and vegetables in
3. Students will compare prices, quality, and nutritional value of fresh, frozen and
canned fruits and vegetables.
4. Students will compare prices, quality, and nutritional value of meat versus
nonmeat, white versus whole grains, and dairy versus nondairy milk.
5. Students will, as a team with other members of the family, create a finished
In the Meal Planning for Kids Course:
6. Students will learn the benefits and disadvantages of fresh versus processed
8. Students will learn how foods reach their local market.
9. Students will practice Health Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM)
10. Students will learn how to read a Nutrition Facts Label. And they will better
understand the importance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, as well as the important role they play in good health.
11. Students will learn the difference between vitamins and minerals and important
roles each plays in good health.
Included with this thorough course is a Bonus Activity Book which enhances the health science activities in the main course, allowing for further collaboration and time spent on subject. A $5.00 value.
*I have included in the BONUS section, the Entire set of FDA-created materials (complete with tables and a glossary) that will allow for your children to complete the questions I have included related to vitamins, minerals, label reading, the different types of carbohydrates (sugars, sugar alcohols, fiber), fats (saturated, unsaturated, trans-fat), proteins, sodium, cholesterol, and more. This will make it easier for your students to answer the lengthy and involved questions I have created to go with the FDA-created materials. (By the way, these questions could satisfy college requirements as well).
Meal Planning for Kids is a digital download/printable type course. 147 pages
7/14/2019 NEW!!! Meal Prep for Kids Supplemental Forms and Tables. Click here to see
Some of my newest posts: